<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Midweek Meanderings 

It is midweek and the weather is changing.

It has been cooling down and fall weather is upon us. A couple of days ago it was rainy and cold. There is definitely a chill in the air just in time for Halloween and the end of football season!

I start my next class this weekend. The subject? Personnel administration. I do have a lot of personnel to administrate. Even with teacher evaluations divided up three ways, I still have over thirty evaluations to do. I actually really enjoy doing the classroom observations. It is amusing the way people react when I come in. Sometimes the teacher ignores my presence (which is fine…I want them to carry on with what they are doing) and sometimes they greet me and engage me in conversation. One of the math teachers drew a stick figure on the board, labeled it with my name, and used it as the example in a calculus problem. The kids thought it was funny and so did I!

Aubree is now enrolled in dance classes. She is already taking singing/piano lessons, so now she’ll be able to sing AND dance. I wish I could do either!

Aubree really needs to stop answering the phone when telemarketers call and making funny little noises until they hang up. When I tell her that she tells me I’m no fun.

Our school was struck by fire last week. No kids were present and no one was hurt, but the gymnasium suffered extensive damage. The metal roof got so hot that it melted and dripped on the floor. One restoration specialist told us that it would take 40 people working ten hour days for 45 days to get it back in shape. The smoke damage is everywhere…walls, ductwork, banners, bleachers. It apparently very labor intensive to get rid of it.

My niece’s school was also struck by fire. The elementary school, gym, and cafeteria burned down. She is out of school all this week while they make plans to have class.

Speaking of fires….my thoughts and prayers go out to those in California who are being forced to leave their homes because of the fires. I pray that the fires will be put under control soon and that the rebuilding process may begin.

I thought of my friend Rain and have worried about her a lot. The fires are currently only a few miles from her home. Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

So how is YOUR week going?


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?