Sunday, October 14, 2007
Date Night
I am embarrassed to say how long it has been since I took Terri out for a “date night”. Despite both of us acknowledging how important such nights are, a combination of my weekend classes, school events, fatigue, child care, and just plain laziness have kept us from spending much time out of the house and away from the kids. We had to make up for some lost time last night!
We decided to spend the evening at the Riverwalk in Jenks. Now granted, it isn’t exactly the
We eventually meandered down to the theater to watch “The Kingdom”, a movie that was disappointing, given the interesting story that could be told about the
Every time we do this we always say we need to do it more often. I think it is important for couples not to get entirely consumed by work, home, and kids and to preserve an identity with each other outside of those roles. I work long days and often long nights and I also take weekend classes. It is too easy for moments like last night to become all too rare. Perhaps I need to break out the calendar and set some dates in concrete!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
|