<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Midweek Meanderings 

It is midweek and the world continues to turn.

It is that time of year. The state fair is town and of course my kids are raring to go. Ok, maybe I’m raring to go as well. In spite of the parking and the crowds, I enjoy the fair. I’ve always liked the thrill rides. I like whatever the food is on a stick. I enjoy looking at all the exhibits. I also like the idea of seeing Kansas Friday night, but I don’t know if I can persuade my family to go for it. I tried to warm Aubree up to the idea by singing “Dust in the Wind” and “Carry on Wayward Son” to her as I was driving her to school this morning. I’m not sure it worked.

I must be getting old, because I can remember when Kansas was made up of a bunch of young guys. I also remember when I stayed up all night in line to get tickets to see them play in front of 10,000 people. Now it is a free concert at the fair.

Do you think that the fact that some of our gangs are becoming multi-racial is a sign of progress?

For the first time this year, but far from the first time in my career, I had someone tell me, “I’ll have your job”. There are a few days I probably would gladly give it to her! One of the things I’ve learned over the years is to never respond to provocations like that. I ignored the comment and just replied, “ma’am, I’m going to have to be going. Is there anything else you’d like to discuss with me in a civil way before I go?” There wasn’t.

Please stop by Susan’s blog and offer your prayers and best wishes to her niece, Kayla, who is recovering from a difficult surgery.

One of my teachers dropped her keys in the toilet today just as she was flushing and they disappeared down the drain! Our maintenance guy had to remove two toilets before he could finally retrieve them. Who knew that keys could be flushed down the toilet? Not me! She said, “Brian, we girls need some type of hook to hang our stuff on in the bathroom. We can’t carry everything in our pockets the way you guys do.” Hooks? I guess so!

Top Chef is down to the final four chefs. At this point I’m cheering for Casey, who not only is kinda cute (not as cute as Padma…but cute!), but has been consistently cooking very well the past few weeks.

So how is YOUR week going?


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?