<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Midweek Meanderings 

It is midweek and it is snowing outside. There is about an inch of snow on the ground and more coming.

Please….not another snow day! We’ve already had six snow days with only three built into the calendar. We are already trying to figure out how to make up those days. We don’t need any more added to the pile. There is talk of extending school for thirty minutes each day to make up those days. I would certainly prefer that to extending the calendar further into the summer.

Aubree, the girl of many clothes and many stuffed animals, the maven of many clothes shopping trips, now says she needs more clothes. Why? “It is almost spring dad, and I MUST have some nice spring clothes!” That will of course be followed up by the need to have a new summer wardrobe. I like my clothes, don’t mind spending money for good clothing, but I don’t have to have a new wardrobe for each season. I know, I know, I’m not a girl, but this is getting ridiculous!

Aubree keeps me educated on what is cool and what is not. The Gap, once the epitome of preppy coolness is now decidedly not cool. Abercrombie and Fitch is where its at.

To answer Grandma1’s question from the previous post: Yes, I have seen evaluations used as a weapon. In the hands of someone who is not honest and professional, a job evaluation can be badly misused. An evaluation should be an honest appraisal of a teacher’s strengths and weaknesses. To candy coat it to avoid conflict or to bash someone because of personality conflicts are equally wrong.

The Eric Clapton concert is only about a month away….I’m just sayin’.

Let me say it again…no snow day! *fingers crossed*

So how is YOUR week going?

Labels:


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?