Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Midweek Meanderings
The battery on my laptop went kaput. I called HP, they said they would ship another one right out, and it arrived today. When I got home the battery was sitting on my desk. Patrick had the box and had made something of a shield out of it. All was well until I discovered that they sent me the wrong battery! I hope they don't want their box back.
Halloween may be a month away but Patrick is already obsessing over it. He LOVES Halloween, ranking it his favorite holiday other than Christmas. He wants a "Halloween budget" so he can pick out decorations, costumes, and candy. The funny thing is that when the big night arrives he usually gives up the ghost (hehe) after an hour or so of trick or treating. Its all about the decoration and the costume for him.
Aubree came home last night all pumped up after attending a professional wrestling event with all three of my brothers. I told her that she was still too young and way too little to lay a smackdown on her dad.
All the way to work this morning I listened to morning drive radio. The discussion? Can you go to the Air Supply concert and not be gay? I'm not much into Air Supply but I have seen Barry Manilow. What does that make me?
Where would we be without crushed red pepper? I use it on sooo many things.
I hate waiting in line at amusement parks. Actually, I hate waiting in line anywhere. But I don't think I'd eat live cockroaches to avoid having to wait.
I never thought I'd see $2.00 a gallon gasoline again. Who would've thought prices would have dropped so rapidly? Then again, how can I be thinking that $2.00 a gallon is a bargain?
I have class again this weekend. I think I'd much rather be going to another Blogger Roundup, but duty calls. This is the last session of this particular class, even though we have several more weeks to submit our project.
We have a morning assembly with 7th graders each day before classes start. This morning as they were doing the flag salute I saw a number of kids horesplaying, laughing, and cutting up. I was distinctly unhappy about this. I made them do it all over again and told them that we would do the flag salute over and over again all morning if that was what it took to get it right. They got it right the next time. Its all about expectations and not accepting anything less than good behavior.
So how is YOUR week going?
|
Halloween may be a month away but Patrick is already obsessing over it. He LOVES Halloween, ranking it his favorite holiday other than Christmas. He wants a "Halloween budget" so he can pick out decorations, costumes, and candy. The funny thing is that when the big night arrives he usually gives up the ghost (hehe) after an hour or so of trick or treating. Its all about the decoration and the costume for him.
Aubree came home last night all pumped up after attending a professional wrestling event with all three of my brothers. I told her that she was still too young and way too little to lay a smackdown on her dad.
All the way to work this morning I listened to morning drive radio. The discussion? Can you go to the Air Supply concert and not be gay? I'm not much into Air Supply but I have seen Barry Manilow. What does that make me?
Where would we be without crushed red pepper? I use it on sooo many things.
I hate waiting in line at amusement parks. Actually, I hate waiting in line anywhere. But I don't think I'd eat live cockroaches to avoid having to wait.
I never thought I'd see $2.00 a gallon gasoline again. Who would've thought prices would have dropped so rapidly? Then again, how can I be thinking that $2.00 a gallon is a bargain?
I have class again this weekend. I think I'd much rather be going to another Blogger Roundup, but duty calls. This is the last session of this particular class, even though we have several more weeks to submit our project.
We have a morning assembly with 7th graders each day before classes start. This morning as they were doing the flag salute I saw a number of kids horesplaying, laughing, and cutting up. I was distinctly unhappy about this. I made them do it all over again and told them that we would do the flag salute over and over again all morning if that was what it took to get it right. They got it right the next time. Its all about expectations and not accepting anything less than good behavior.
So how is YOUR week going?
|