<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Midweek Meanderings 

I'm here, its Wednesday, and I'm ready for the weekend already!

Aubree graduated from fifth grade tonight. To prepare for her graduation she had to have a new dress, new high heels, a pedicure, a manicure, and hairstyling. I'm pretty sure there are girls graduating from high school who didn't go to all this time and expense! But she did look quite grown up, mature, and beautiful.

I'll post a picture or two when I can find the cable thingy for my digital camera. I wonder what I did with it?

As it stands now, the first classes in my doctoral program will be "Summer Leadership Institute" and "Leadership in the Post Modern World".

Tomorrow begins the week the kids spend with their mother. It is their last day of school and they will be with her for the next seven days. I know they have some travel planned and they are very excited. She has taken each one of them shopping for clothes this week. I know a girl can never have enough clothes, but Aubree's clothing could fill the section of a department store.

I mentioned last week that I was planning a little vacation this weekend with Mystery Girl. We decided to go to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. It is a quaint little town up in the Ozarks with natural springs and tons of little shops. We've rented a cabin with a jacuzzi for two. Throw in a little champagne, perhaps some rum, and some peace and quiet. I'm sooooo looking forward to it.

The discovery of wads of bribe money in a congressman's freezer gives new meaning to the term "cold hard cash", doesn't it?

Patrick is now the proud new owner of a portable DVD player. I'm sure he'll have a blast with it when we travel.

I'm the proud new owner of a laptop which should prove invaluable in my doctoral classes this summer. Its a convertible laptop which also functions as a tablet. You can write notes directly on the screen with a pen and preserve them as your own handwriting or convert them later to typewritten text. Very nifty. A boy does love his toys.

School is out tomorrow. Can I hear a hallelujah? :)

So how is YOUR week going?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?