Thursday, April 20, 2006
Its A Boy
Of course we've known for some time that it would be. Daniel Jacob Stone entered this world today at about 3:30 p.m. and weighed in at 7 lbs. 8 oz. Aubree swears he looks just like her, even with his head full of dark hair. My brother passed out cigars, including candy ones for the kids. He was a very proud father, very excited, and the baby looked just great. I'm an uncle again and I'm thrilled for my brother and his lovely wife. They will be wonderful parents.
There were other new parents in the maternity ward of the hospital, milling about, holding their babies, with that "new parent look" on their faces. It really is a miracle, this life, and to see a baby just an hour hold sucking on his thumb, orienting himself to this world, crying for food or warmth, enduring all the poking and prodding of the nurses, is still a sight to behold no matter how many times you've seen it before.
I looked at that new baby and thought of my father, his legacy living on in this baby boy. He will never know his grandfather, but he will learn much of him as he grows up.
I looked at that new baby and thought of my own kids, remembering when they were so small and everything was new.
I looked at that new baby and thought of my brother and his wife and the adventures in parenting that await them in the years to come.
I looked at that new baby and thought of the life that awaits him. Everything is possible for him right now. He will grow up in an ever-changing world and I wonder what life will have in store for him.
New life. It is so very precious. Welcome to our world Daniel Jacob!
|
There were other new parents in the maternity ward of the hospital, milling about, holding their babies, with that "new parent look" on their faces. It really is a miracle, this life, and to see a baby just an hour hold sucking on his thumb, orienting himself to this world, crying for food or warmth, enduring all the poking and prodding of the nurses, is still a sight to behold no matter how many times you've seen it before.
I looked at that new baby and thought of my father, his legacy living on in this baby boy. He will never know his grandfather, but he will learn much of him as he grows up.
I looked at that new baby and thought of my own kids, remembering when they were so small and everything was new.
I looked at that new baby and thought of my brother and his wife and the adventures in parenting that await them in the years to come.
I looked at that new baby and thought of the life that awaits him. Everything is possible for him right now. He will grow up in an ever-changing world and I wonder what life will have in store for him.
New life. It is so very precious. Welcome to our world Daniel Jacob!
|