Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Imagery
Taking my cue from the charming Jules, I am doing a meme for the first time in awhile. I usually avoid them like the plague, but this one seemed fun. My task? Pick a few fellow bloggers and come up with a picture or image that seems to fit them. I can't do my entire blogroll like Jules did, but I will select a few each week and try to come up with something.

This night-time shot of New Orleans makes me think of Thomai. Her love of the city, its people, and its culture shines through in much of her writing. She may be a California girl, but she has the soul of a New Orleans musician. Beautiful, opinionated, artistic, passionate, and creative, she never fails to spark my imagination with her writing. She's a mother, an artist, a filmmaker, a yoga instructor, an activist, and a writer. She also has a big heart and I treasure her friendship.

I chose this one for Vickie. This sweet southern belle has many sides to her that are not always obvious at first glance. Vickie is an inspirational writer who has not allowed adversity in her life to determine her destiny. She conducts herself in a classy, elegant, way and her blog always makes me feel warm and smile when I read it. Sometimes she will surprise you when you least expect it. She oozes warmth and charm, and her blog is one of my must-see stops on the net.

This photo of a table laden with Trinidad style food reminds me of the lovely Lime. This wife, mom, and writer extraordinaire developed a love of all things Trinidad during her stay there. No offense to anyone else, but Lime puts out the best Half Naked Thursday posts out there. She is witty, articulate, highly creative, and also someone I consider to be a good friend. As her friend, I would advise her to stay off zip lines for awhile. She makes me like my reading with a twist of Lime.

It doesn't quite fit, but I when I think of Irina this one of the images that comes to mind. Remake Rodin into a young, attractive, thoughtful college student with a passion for international affairs, and you are getting closer. Irina writes about her work at the United Nations, her college classes, her native country, religion, politics, films, and the things large and small that make her life interesting. She may be half my age but she challenges me to think. I like that.

Then of course there is Jules, who got me started on this in the first place. What kind of image can you come up with for an outspoken girl who loves margaritas and seems to think a lot about sex. I didn't say she always thought about it. She just thinks about it a lot. She also works with young children and describes her work in a way that never fails to make me laugh. She is lovely, has a great sense of humor, and seems to know how to have a good time. Read her blog and you never know what you'll come across. It could be a funny preschool story or a picture of a guy's ass. Here are two margaritas. She can have both of them or share with the person of her choice.

It was hard coming up with something for Walker. Darth Vader was just too easy. This guy is one of the best writers I've come across in the blogosphere. You want raw honesty, great storytelling, and perspective given in a stiff, straight shot? You should be reading Walker. You may agree or disagree with him. He may make you angry or make you laugh. But you'll want to read him. Don't go to his blog hungry when he writes about food. I can almost smell it when I read his food posts. I thought of the Iron Chef...Greek style, without the accent. He could win the competition and then write about it.
I'm sure you can't wait to see what I come up with for YOU. I'll do another edition of this in the near future.
|
This night-time shot of New Orleans makes me think of Thomai. Her love of the city, its people, and its culture shines through in much of her writing. She may be a California girl, but she has the soul of a New Orleans musician. Beautiful, opinionated, artistic, passionate, and creative, she never fails to spark my imagination with her writing. She's a mother, an artist, a filmmaker, a yoga instructor, an activist, and a writer. She also has a big heart and I treasure her friendship.
I chose this one for Vickie. This sweet southern belle has many sides to her that are not always obvious at first glance. Vickie is an inspirational writer who has not allowed adversity in her life to determine her destiny. She conducts herself in a classy, elegant, way and her blog always makes me feel warm and smile when I read it. Sometimes she will surprise you when you least expect it. She oozes warmth and charm, and her blog is one of my must-see stops on the net.
This photo of a table laden with Trinidad style food reminds me of the lovely Lime. This wife, mom, and writer extraordinaire developed a love of all things Trinidad during her stay there. No offense to anyone else, but Lime puts out the best Half Naked Thursday posts out there. She is witty, articulate, highly creative, and also someone I consider to be a good friend. As her friend, I would advise her to stay off zip lines for awhile. She makes me like my reading with a twist of Lime.
It doesn't quite fit, but I when I think of Irina this one of the images that comes to mind. Remake Rodin into a young, attractive, thoughtful college student with a passion for international affairs, and you are getting closer. Irina writes about her work at the United Nations, her college classes, her native country, religion, politics, films, and the things large and small that make her life interesting. She may be half my age but she challenges me to think. I like that.
Then of course there is Jules, who got me started on this in the first place. What kind of image can you come up with for an outspoken girl who loves margaritas and seems to think a lot about sex. I didn't say she always thought about it. She just thinks about it a lot. She also works with young children and describes her work in a way that never fails to make me laugh. She is lovely, has a great sense of humor, and seems to know how to have a good time. Read her blog and you never know what you'll come across. It could be a funny preschool story or a picture of a guy's ass. Here are two margaritas. She can have both of them or share with the person of her choice.
It was hard coming up with something for Walker. Darth Vader was just too easy. This guy is one of the best writers I've come across in the blogosphere. You want raw honesty, great storytelling, and perspective given in a stiff, straight shot? You should be reading Walker. You may agree or disagree with him. He may make you angry or make you laugh. But you'll want to read him. Don't go to his blog hungry when he writes about food. I can almost smell it when I read his food posts. I thought of the Iron Chef...Greek style, without the accent. He could win the competition and then write about it.
I'm sure you can't wait to see what I come up with for YOU. I'll do another edition of this in the near future.
|