<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Listen To The Music 

I got tagged by Anne to do a music meme. Anne tagged me pretty gently and she is a sweetheart, so how can I say no? Its the simplest of memes: List 10 songs you are currently into right now, regardless of genre or even whether the song is any good or not.

The more hip among you will probably roll your eyes. The lovely Thomai will tease me. But I'm a big boy, I can take it! That being said, here is what is tickling my fancy right now!

1. "You Don't Know Me" by Michael Buble. He's done an excellent job of interpreting this timeless classic. I probably listen to it at least once a day.

2. "The House is Rockin" by Stevie Ray Vaughan. Stevie Ray's music is never far from my playlist, and I've been into this one even more lately.

3. "When I'm Gone" by 3 Doors Down. "There's another world inside of me that you may never see. There're secrets in this life that I can't hide". I love the opening guitar solo and I'm drawn to the angst-ridden lyrics.

4. "Hoochie Coochie Man" by Muddy Waters. Its not his best tune, but when you want that authentic bluesy feeling there is no one better.

5. "Zoe Jane" by Staind. Probably just because Aubree and I regard this as "our song". "And I want to hold you. Protect you from all the things I've already endured. And I want to show you, to show you all of the things that this life has in store for you. I'll always love you, the way a father should love his daughter. Sweet Zoe Jane."

6. "Werewolves of London" by Warren Zevon. Yeah, I know. But sometimes I'm just in the mood for it.

7. "Walk This Way" by Aerosmith. I play a mean air guitar to this one and its been known to make all of us in this house dance. Badly. But we dance.

8. "A Song For You" by Leon Russell. Since I did the post on Leon I've been listening to his music a lot more than usual. This song always grabs me.

9. "Round Here" by the Counting Crows. Just because I like it.

10. "My Father's Eyes" by Eric Clapton. I can't list ten songs without including one by the master.

Tagging? Hmmmm

Thomai - because if I show her mine she has to show me hers.
Splendid - because I'm curious. I 'm sure her taste is just..well..splendid!
Kyra - because I've never tagged her before and I know nothing about her musical tastes.
Joan - because she gives me a hard time, and when I wield the power I exact my revenge. :)
Babs - because I'm curious what a fellow Okie is listening to.

Anyone else is of course welcome to participate. Its Sunday. Its an easy meme. You like music. So write! In my very best authoritative school administrator voice I'm saying, "get to it!"

Did I ever mention that I just love music?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?