Saturday, July 30, 2005
Hard To Tell
You can tell a lot of things about someone from their blog. You get a sense of someone's passion, their intelligence, and their lifestyle. If they share a picture you see their physical appearance. Perhaps you learn about their taste in music or what they think about the hot issue of the day. You find out about what they do for a living and if they enjoy it or not.
It depends a lot on the blogger, doesn't it? There are blogs on my blogroll on the right that share an enormous amount about themselves. They chronicle their life, their fears, and their hopes. They share with us the most intimate details of their lives. Others share nothing more personal than their favorite recipe. They maintain a large zone of privacy.
I'd like to think I'm one of the fairly open bloggers. I share a lot here. I can't tell you how many times my finger hovers before I click "Publish" and I think to myself, "should I really tell that?". Then I do. I've never regretted it....not even once. Each time I share something of myself I feel stronger. Its almost like an addiction. You do it. It feels good. You want to do it some more. Its changed me in a noticeable way.
But of course there are some things that don't come through here very clearly. At least I don't think they do, but then again I'm not seeing it through the eyes of others. I'm thinking that to have the entire picture of me you would have to understand a few things that are difficult to make clear in posts. What is missing?
|
It depends a lot on the blogger, doesn't it? There are blogs on my blogroll on the right that share an enormous amount about themselves. They chronicle their life, their fears, and their hopes. They share with us the most intimate details of their lives. Others share nothing more personal than their favorite recipe. They maintain a large zone of privacy.
I'd like to think I'm one of the fairly open bloggers. I share a lot here. I can't tell you how many times my finger hovers before I click "Publish" and I think to myself, "should I really tell that?". Then I do. I've never regretted it....not even once. Each time I share something of myself I feel stronger. Its almost like an addiction. You do it. It feels good. You want to do it some more. Its changed me in a noticeable way.
But of course there are some things that don't come through here very clearly. At least I don't think they do, but then again I'm not seeing it through the eyes of others. I'm thinking that to have the entire picture of me you would have to understand a few things that are difficult to make clear in posts. What is missing?
- I actually have a very onery streak. I come from a family of practical jokers....my grandfather was the master. I've played many a practical joke in my time.
- I like to tease those close to me, and I like to think I do it in a good way.
- I have something of a wicked, playful sense of humor. It goes along with the teasing. :)
- I can be very moody and thoughtful. Its not all that uncommon to find me sitting quietly and looking out the window.
- My voice is a very deep one with a hint of Oklahoma accent.
- I laugh out loud a lot.
- I'm a bit of a smartass.
- I enjoy a good debate.
- I'm a sucker for a hard luck story
- I'm a pretty good judge of people...well, most of the time.
- My hands get sweaty when I'm nervous.
- When I get really angry, I get really quiet.
- I don't like to lose an argument.
- I can be stubborn. Too stubborn.
- Eye contact is my thing. If you have my interest, you have eye contact from me.
- I multi-task a lot.
- I can get totally lost in a daydream.
- I'm a weird combination of caution and risk-taking.
|