<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Six Favorites 

New Wave Gurly has done a tag-back on me and asked me to name my current six favorite songs. Ok, this is a meme I can handle. There are the timeless songs that I'll always love. But my current six favorites? They may not be new songs, but they are what is grabbing me at this moment. Ask me next week? You’ll probably get a different answer.

"You Don't Know Me" (Ray Charles) - the master's take on an old classic. Beautiful melody, poignant lyrics, and the bitter longing that comes with unrequited love. Its all there.

No you don't know the one
Who dreams of you at night;
And longs to kiss your lips
And longs to hold you tight
Oh I'm just a friend.
That's all I've ever been.
Cause you don't know me.

You give your hand to me,
And then you say, "Goodbye."
I watched you walk away,
Beside the lucky guy
Oh, you'll never ever know
The one who loved you so.
Well, you don't know me



"Angie" (Rolling Stones) - Whenever I hear this song I end up singing it to myself for days. I listened to it a few days ago and haven't been able to stop singing it.

Angie, angie, when will those clouds all disappear?
Angie, angie, where will it lead us from here?
With no loving in our souls and no money in our coats
You can’t say we’re satisfied
But angie, angie, you can’t say we never tried
Angie, you’re beautiful, but ain’t it time we said good-bye?
Angie, I still love you, remember all those nights we cried?
All the dreams we held so close seemed to all go up in smoke
Let me whisper in your ear:
Angie, angie, where will it lead us from here?
Oh, angie, don’t you weep, all your kisses still taste sweet
I hate that sadness in your eyes
But angie, angie, ain’t it time we said good-bye?


I've Got You Under My Skin
(by Michael Buble) - Buble does a great job with this timeless Sinatra great. The lyrics say it all.

I’ve got you under my skin
I’ve got you deep in the heart of me
So deep in my heart, that you’re really a part of me
I’ve got you under my skin

I’ve tried so not to give in
I’ve said to myself this affair never will go so well
But why should I try to resist, when baby will I know than well
That I’ve got you under my skin

I’d sacrifice anything come what might
For the sake of having you near
In spite of a warning voice that comes in the night
And repeats, repeats in my ear

Don’t you know you fool, you never can win
Use your mentality, wake up to reality
But each time I do, just the thought of you
Makes me stop before I begin
’cause I’ve got you under my skin


"Hold The Line" (Toto) - another one of those tunes I just can't seem to get out of my head.

It's not in the way that you hold me
It's not in the way you say you care
It's not in the way you've been treating my friends
It's not in the way that you'll stay till the end
It's not in the way you look or the things that you say that you do

Hold the line
Love isn't always on time

It's not in the words that you told me
It's not in the way you say you're mine
It's not in the way that you came back to me
It's not in the way that your love set me free
It's not in the way you look or the things that you say that you do


"Last Child" (Aerosmith) - No profound lyrics, but a rockin’ good time.

Stand up, sit down
Don't do nothing
It ain't no good when boss man's
Stuffin' down their throats
For paper notes
And their babies cry
While cities lie at their feet
When you're rockin' the street

Home sweet home

Mama, take me home sweet home

I was the last child
I'm just a punk in the street


"The Kid Is Hot Tonite" (Loverboy) - When I'm feeling good about myself, I enjoy listening to songs like this. Maybe my new theme song? Hehe.

We just heard of a brand new way
and we hope it’s here to stay
We’ll have to wait and see
if it’s half of what they say
We heard he opened up a brand new door
well you know that’s what I’m lookin’ for
we’ll have to wait and see if it makes you shout for more
How do you like him so far?
How do you like his show?
How do you like the way he rocks and the way he rolls?
How do you like his image?
How do you like his style?
How do you like the way he looks and the way he smiles?
CHORUS:
The Kid is hot tonight
whoa so hot tonight
I don’t think I’ll tag anyone this time, but feel free to play!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?