Wednesday, June 22, 2005
Midweek Meanderings
Its midweek but it doesn't feel quite the same when I'm not working! Every day looks a lot like the day before or the day after.
The kids left for London on Saturday. We spent a lot of time making sure they were properly packed, getting the suitcase and the carry-ons organized, and we headed out for the airport Saturday morning. About halfway there Aubree realized she hadn't brought her carry-on bag. Uh oh. We made a mad dash back, grabbed the bag, and still made it to the airport in good time. We hugged and kissed, said our goodbyes, and I watched them disappear past the security checkpoint with their aunt.
I miss them. I missed them a lot sooner than I thought I would. The house is so quiet. My living room is as clean as it was yesterday. The lights are off in their rooms. I have a habit of wandering in at night just to make sure they're ok, and I'm looking at empty beds. I still do it nonetheless.
Aubree called me from England on Sunday. She wished me a happy Father's Day, we talked about the flight and the plans they had. She handed the phone to Patrick. I asked him, "were you good on the flight over for your aunt?". He said, "well, mostly Dad.". I chuckled and said, "what do you mean mostly." He replied, "well, I might've been asking her too many questions."
"So why did you ask so many questions?". He sighed and said, "Dad, you know how curious I am. I just wanted to know things."
So whats a guy to do with all this time? No kids? No work?
I've been painting a house for my mom. Thats a real blast in the hot Oklahoma sun.
I've taken the rare opportunity to get out of the house and meet some people. I've hung out some with my local blogger friend Red. She's a hoot. There's a date or two mixed into my social calendar but I wouldn't want to bore everyone with details about that.
I'm heading up to the Kansas City area this weekend. I'm not meeting Scorpy and friends just because she's promised me a really cool button. But it doesn't hurt ;). I'm looking forward to getting out of this city and state and a chance to see new friends and old.
I'm also taking this opportunity to give my house a thorough cleaning. Its easier to motivate myself to clean when I know it will actually be clean the next day. I'm going through closets and boxes, getting rid of clothes we don't wear anymore, and doing some organizing. The kids will come home to sparkling clean rooms, all neatly appointed.
Thanks once again to all those who revealed their secrets below. Its been quite a week of secrets revealed and a surprise or two. I've had quite a few requests to do it again from people who say THIS time they will participate! I'll do another secrets post next week if there is sufficient response. Open to all and of course confidential and anonymous. So you procrastinators...I'm putting you to the test! :) Except you Joan....confessing to the murder of your lesbian lover that had an affair with your dog? Try to pick another one! The deadline is Sunday night.
So how is YOUR week going?
|
The kids left for London on Saturday. We spent a lot of time making sure they were properly packed, getting the suitcase and the carry-ons organized, and we headed out for the airport Saturday morning. About halfway there Aubree realized she hadn't brought her carry-on bag. Uh oh. We made a mad dash back, grabbed the bag, and still made it to the airport in good time. We hugged and kissed, said our goodbyes, and I watched them disappear past the security checkpoint with their aunt.
I miss them. I missed them a lot sooner than I thought I would. The house is so quiet. My living room is as clean as it was yesterday. The lights are off in their rooms. I have a habit of wandering in at night just to make sure they're ok, and I'm looking at empty beds. I still do it nonetheless.
Aubree called me from England on Sunday. She wished me a happy Father's Day, we talked about the flight and the plans they had. She handed the phone to Patrick. I asked him, "were you good on the flight over for your aunt?". He said, "well, mostly Dad.". I chuckled and said, "what do you mean mostly." He replied, "well, I might've been asking her too many questions."
"So why did you ask so many questions?". He sighed and said, "Dad, you know how curious I am. I just wanted to know things."
So whats a guy to do with all this time? No kids? No work?
I've been painting a house for my mom. Thats a real blast in the hot Oklahoma sun.
I've taken the rare opportunity to get out of the house and meet some people. I've hung out some with my local blogger friend Red. She's a hoot. There's a date or two mixed into my social calendar but I wouldn't want to bore everyone with details about that.
I'm heading up to the Kansas City area this weekend. I'm not meeting Scorpy and friends just because she's promised me a really cool button. But it doesn't hurt ;). I'm looking forward to getting out of this city and state and a chance to see new friends and old.
I'm also taking this opportunity to give my house a thorough cleaning. Its easier to motivate myself to clean when I know it will actually be clean the next day. I'm going through closets and boxes, getting rid of clothes we don't wear anymore, and doing some organizing. The kids will come home to sparkling clean rooms, all neatly appointed.
Thanks once again to all those who revealed their secrets below. Its been quite a week of secrets revealed and a surprise or two. I've had quite a few requests to do it again from people who say THIS time they will participate! I'll do another secrets post next week if there is sufficient response. Open to all and of course confidential and anonymous. So you procrastinators...I'm putting you to the test! :) Except you Joan....confessing to the murder of your lesbian lover that had an affair with your dog? Try to pick another one! The deadline is Sunday night.
So how is YOUR week going?
|