Wednesday, June 15, 2005
Midweek Meanderings
Its the middle of the week, but it feels like Friday! Today was my last day of work until Aug. 11th. Whats a guy to do?
I turned in my keys, my walkie talkie, and my faculty handbook. All the accoutrements of my position....gone! A school administrator with no keys is like a football player without a helmet. I'll probably still reach for the walkie talkie on my waist a few times just out of habit.
The office staff went out to lunch at the Delta Cafe today. Southern food! We had a great time rehashing the year, telling funny stories, and sharing our summer plans. All of these people work so hard and are so dedicated to the kids. I'm proud to work with them...I really mean that.
Wow. I'm overwhelmed by the birthday wishes, the e-cards, the emails, and the surprise guest posts by the lovely Steph and the marvelous Caren. (they really were a surprise!) Did I ever mention that I just love y'all? Love isn't too strong of a word for what I feel.
Then there were the blog birthday posts. A.J., Kathy, April, New Wave Gurly, Sally, and Steph all made posts and sent people here. I always tell the kids at school when they are in bad spirits, "c'mon now. Aren't you feeling the love around here?" I'm feeling the love and I'm humbled and gratified by it.
Be sure and wish a happy birthday to Vickie who shares today's birthday with me.
Aubree has been gone to church camp since Monday morning. She comes home tomorrow evening and I have one day with her before she heads off to England for two weeks. Patrick and I have been doing the "guy" thing this week...just the two of us. Both of them are soooo excited about this trip.
Packing. I have to get both of them packed properly for a two week international trip. I spent last night sorting socks...must have socks! I'm trying to be one of those efficient packers. You know...the ones who don't just throw everything in the suitcase, sit on it, and lock it shut. I'm trying to be ever so methodical in all this.
Aubree asked me, "Dad, what are you going to do with yourself while we're gone?" I said, "I'm going to par-tay! (and did a little dance). She replied, "Dad, you are NOT. Are you?" I said, "I just might!". She shook her head, looked at me, and said, "you better not let ANYONE into my room, ok?" *Laugh*
When I dropped Aubree off to head to camp early Monday morning we unloaded her stuff and I got ready to leave. There were kids milling around all over the place. I said, "c'mere and give me a kiss goodbye!" She did so very reluctantly and whispered, "Dad, you should've given me a goodbye kiss before we got out of the van!"
After I drop the kids off at the airport I'll be attending my family reunion. Its my mom's side of the family and people will begin arriving tomorrow. I'm excited to see them all.
Thanks again to everyone for all of your birthday wishes. I felt special today and it feels damn good.
So how is YOUR week going?
|
I turned in my keys, my walkie talkie, and my faculty handbook. All the accoutrements of my position....gone! A school administrator with no keys is like a football player without a helmet. I'll probably still reach for the walkie talkie on my waist a few times just out of habit.
The office staff went out to lunch at the Delta Cafe today. Southern food! We had a great time rehashing the year, telling funny stories, and sharing our summer plans. All of these people work so hard and are so dedicated to the kids. I'm proud to work with them...I really mean that.
Wow. I'm overwhelmed by the birthday wishes, the e-cards, the emails, and the surprise guest posts by the lovely Steph and the marvelous Caren. (they really were a surprise!) Did I ever mention that I just love y'all? Love isn't too strong of a word for what I feel.
Then there were the blog birthday posts. A.J., Kathy, April, New Wave Gurly, Sally, and Steph all made posts and sent people here. I always tell the kids at school when they are in bad spirits, "c'mon now. Aren't you feeling the love around here?" I'm feeling the love and I'm humbled and gratified by it.
Be sure and wish a happy birthday to Vickie who shares today's birthday with me.
Aubree has been gone to church camp since Monday morning. She comes home tomorrow evening and I have one day with her before she heads off to England for two weeks. Patrick and I have been doing the "guy" thing this week...just the two of us. Both of them are soooo excited about this trip.
Packing. I have to get both of them packed properly for a two week international trip. I spent last night sorting socks...must have socks! I'm trying to be one of those efficient packers. You know...the ones who don't just throw everything in the suitcase, sit on it, and lock it shut. I'm trying to be ever so methodical in all this.
Aubree asked me, "Dad, what are you going to do with yourself while we're gone?" I said, "I'm going to par-tay! (and did a little dance). She replied, "Dad, you are NOT. Are you?" I said, "I just might!". She shook her head, looked at me, and said, "you better not let ANYONE into my room, ok?" *Laugh*
When I dropped Aubree off to head to camp early Monday morning we unloaded her stuff and I got ready to leave. There were kids milling around all over the place. I said, "c'mere and give me a kiss goodbye!" She did so very reluctantly and whispered, "Dad, you should've given me a goodbye kiss before we got out of the van!"
After I drop the kids off at the airport I'll be attending my family reunion. Its my mom's side of the family and people will begin arriving tomorrow. I'm excited to see them all.
Thanks again to everyone for all of your birthday wishes. I felt special today and it feels damn good.
So how is YOUR week going?
|