Wednesday, June 29, 2005
Midweek Meanderings
What a week its been! Brian, the sit-at-home 29 days a month guy turns into Brian the social butterfly.
Patrick and Aubree return to my humble abode Friday night. I'm so excited to get them back. I talked to them both on the phone a couple of days ago and it sounded like they were having a wonderful time. My ex wife promised to send me lots of pictures. I'll share!
I plan on surprising the kids with neat, reorganized rooms when they get back. My friend Kathy gave me a computer for Aubree and I'm setting it up in her room. She's gonna be soooooo surprised and way thrilled. Internet access! A place to type her journals! I hope she doesn't make a mess when I have to scrape her off the ceiling.
Patrick also has some goodies of his own including some a new towel and throw blanket (courtesy of Kathy) and a couple of cool new posters. He likes having a clean, organized room. He also doesn't like to clean it. This one is on me.
I had several social outings/dates in the last week. All were great fun. I met a couple of new friends who I had corresponded with for a long time. I had a local date that was a lot of fun. I hung out with a local blogger. I had a lovely lunch date with a certain government employee. Fun stuff!
I know Aka Monty won't mind if I mention that she and I went to see "The Longest Yard". We went to the 5:00 show. Not a matinee. Everyone else is out eating or is too cool to go to the theater at 5:00. I felt middle age geekdom approaching fast. Still, it was a most excellent time and we had dinner at a place where you could throw your peanut shells on the floor. Don't worry Monty....the motorcyle goes unmentioned here.
I liked "The Longest Yard" a lot, but Adam Sandler just doesn't fit my image of an N.F.L. quarterback. Maybe its just that I've seen him in all those goofball movies where he farts a lot.
I already described my most excellent road trip. I really do love driving and seeing the country. I've gotta make more trips some day.
It looks like an Okie blogger roundup is being planned for this fall. Its still in the planning stages but it sounds like it is shaping up to be quite the bash. A ton of bloggers all in one place? Music and dancing? Laptops? Party? I'm so there.
This blogworld has blessed me with getting to know so many cool people. I make new friends and get to know them. Some I get to know very well. Some surprise me. Some are just great fun. Some make me laugh. Its all good.
Ok girls, please answer my burning question of the day. Which do ladies prefer in men's underwear? Tighty whities? Boxers? Boxer briefs? Bikini underwear?
So how is YOUR week going?
|
Patrick and Aubree return to my humble abode Friday night. I'm so excited to get them back. I talked to them both on the phone a couple of days ago and it sounded like they were having a wonderful time. My ex wife promised to send me lots of pictures. I'll share!
I plan on surprising the kids with neat, reorganized rooms when they get back. My friend Kathy gave me a computer for Aubree and I'm setting it up in her room. She's gonna be soooooo surprised and way thrilled. Internet access! A place to type her journals! I hope she doesn't make a mess when I have to scrape her off the ceiling.
Patrick also has some goodies of his own including some a new towel and throw blanket (courtesy of Kathy) and a couple of cool new posters. He likes having a clean, organized room. He also doesn't like to clean it. This one is on me.
I had several social outings/dates in the last week. All were great fun. I met a couple of new friends who I had corresponded with for a long time. I had a local date that was a lot of fun. I hung out with a local blogger. I had a lovely lunch date with a certain government employee. Fun stuff!
I know Aka Monty won't mind if I mention that she and I went to see "The Longest Yard". We went to the 5:00 show. Not a matinee. Everyone else is out eating or is too cool to go to the theater at 5:00. I felt middle age geekdom approaching fast. Still, it was a most excellent time and we had dinner at a place where you could throw your peanut shells on the floor. Don't worry Monty....the motorcyle goes unmentioned here.
I liked "The Longest Yard" a lot, but Adam Sandler just doesn't fit my image of an N.F.L. quarterback. Maybe its just that I've seen him in all those goofball movies where he farts a lot.
I already described my most excellent road trip. I really do love driving and seeing the country. I've gotta make more trips some day.
It looks like an Okie blogger roundup is being planned for this fall. Its still in the planning stages but it sounds like it is shaping up to be quite the bash. A ton of bloggers all in one place? Music and dancing? Laptops? Party? I'm so there.
This blogworld has blessed me with getting to know so many cool people. I make new friends and get to know them. Some I get to know very well. Some surprise me. Some are just great fun. Some make me laugh. Its all good.
Ok girls, please answer my burning question of the day. Which do ladies prefer in men's underwear? Tighty whities? Boxers? Boxer briefs? Bikini underwear?
So how is YOUR week going?
|