<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Midweek Tidbits 

Our school is having some sort of contest where the kids guess who faculty members are from a baby picture. Think they will have any luck with this one?



Its been cold and rainy the last couple of days. One result of this is having "inside day" at school. The kids don't go outside for lunch. They go into the gym...with me. Four straight lunch periods of kids in a small gym. I think I'm losing my hearing and my voice!

I don't often praise politicians these days, but I'd like to compliment John Kerry on his concession speech and George Bush on his victory speech. Both were gracious, humble, and conciliatory. I know it won't last, but it was nice to see for a day anyway. I'll work up a political post sometime when I'm more in the mood.

My friend Jen is off to Seattle on vacation and I have agreed to guest blog for her. Her site tends to be a bit more racy than mine. ChunkyGirl is also a guest blogger there, and after reading her first post , I've got my work cut out for me to keep up. Since I'm visiting there, when in Rome you know...:). I should have something up there tomorrow night.

My vice principal, who is a couple of years older than I am, tore his achilles tendon playing basketball this weekend. He is to undergo surgery in the next week or so and will be unable to run for six months. He is an incredibly competitive guy and is most upset about missing this season of refereeing basketball. This has prompted a discussion among some of my colleagues. Do you get to a point where there are certain physical activities you should just give up?

Add "Alexander" to the list of movies I'd like to see soon. I'm a sucker for movies like this. Braveheart is one of my all time favorites!




Ok...one more picture. I had hair in 1986!




|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?