Friday, November 26, 2004
Did You Say Shopping?
Anyone who knows me well knows that I love to shop for gifts. I like finding that perfect gift for people in my life. So today I braved the earlier morning crowds, a 5:30 a.m. flat tire, a night without any sleep, and cold temperatures to join the throngs in pursuit of that Christmas bargain.
Thursday afternoon I ate Thanksgiving dinner and promptly napped the afternoon away. This made it a little easier to stay up all night Thursday night, peruse the ads, and be ready to rumble on Friday morning. I have to pronounce the morning a shopping success! Big remote control truck at half price? Check. Karaoke machine at a similiar bargain? Check. Bratz doll? Got it. DVD player? Its in the bag. Game Boy Advance? Got the very last one at $39.00. My Christmas shopping for the kids is all done. Yay! Worth changing a flat tire at 5:30 a.m. in the dark, freezing cold? Probably. Within budget? So far so good. I'm really trying hard not to do my typical Christmas overspending thing.
I'm such a Christmas guy. I love everything about it. I love the music. I love to shop. I love the opportunity to spend time with loved ones. I love the wrapping paper and the smell of a fresh cut tree. I love how it brings out the best in some people. I love surprising people. I love the parties.
Now if only I can remember to get the right batteries for all this stuff....
|
Thursday afternoon I ate Thanksgiving dinner and promptly napped the afternoon away. This made it a little easier to stay up all night Thursday night, peruse the ads, and be ready to rumble on Friday morning. I have to pronounce the morning a shopping success! Big remote control truck at half price? Check. Karaoke machine at a similiar bargain? Check. Bratz doll? Got it. DVD player? Its in the bag. Game Boy Advance? Got the very last one at $39.00. My Christmas shopping for the kids is all done. Yay! Worth changing a flat tire at 5:30 a.m. in the dark, freezing cold? Probably. Within budget? So far so good. I'm really trying hard not to do my typical Christmas overspending thing.
I'm such a Christmas guy. I love everything about it. I love the music. I love to shop. I love the opportunity to spend time with loved ones. I love the wrapping paper and the smell of a fresh cut tree. I love how it brings out the best in some people. I love surprising people. I love the parties.
Now if only I can remember to get the right batteries for all this stuff....
|