Saturday, October 23, 2004
Today
Boston Red Sox:
I feel bad for this guy
I respect this guy
Pitching through pain. Curt Schilling has torn the sheath surrounding his achilles tendon and has undergone a one-of-a-kind procedure that actually SEWS his tendon to his skin to hold it in place while he is pitching. The alternative would be to let it free as normal and have the tendon sliding over the bone (which, from personal experience, would actually cause shredding of the tendon and many more complicated problems).
Whichever way this series goes, I have to say I'll be happy. It's been a great second season!
|
Appropriate for today, a post about the World Series. Today begins the 100th Fall Classic between two talented teams full of players with heart. Some observations:
Boston Red Sox:
Pitching through pain. Curt Schilling has torn the sheath surrounding his achilles tendon and has undergone a one-of-a-kind procedure that actually SEWS his tendon to his skin to hold it in place while he is pitching. The alternative would be to let it free as normal and have the tendon sliding over the bone (which, from personal experience, would actually cause shredding of the tendon and many more complicated problems).
Aside from his dedication to his team, I have great admiration for Curt Schilling for the man that he is. He loves his family, he supports great causes financially and with his time, and is a true patriot.
"The memories you create on a ball field are pretty insignificant things compared to the changes you can make in the life of a person. Those are very lasting."- Curt Schilling
Curt's Pitch for ALS * Shade Foundation * Jimmy Fund *
Curt's Pitch for ALS * Shade Foundation * Jimmy Fund *
Albert Pujols Role Model / Personification of the American Dream
Jim Edmonds: Probably the best fielder I've ever seen play in person
Jim Edmonds: Probably the best fielder I've ever seen play in person
Whichever way this series goes, I have to say I'll be happy. It's been a great second season!
|