Wednesday, September 15, 2004
Rockin Out
I have a confession of sorts to make. I like to sing in the car. I don't mean that I just hum along as I cruise down the road. I crank it up, cup my hand as a microphone, and belt it out! You can almost gauge my mood by my car music behavior. If I'm sad and contemplative I either turn the music off and let my mind wander, or I turn it down so low that it serves as a background for my thoughts. If I'm in good spirits I turn it up and let it rip! Today was such a day.
For some reason music was in my soul all day. I walked around school humming to myself. I sung quietly to myself walking around on lunch today. I had a little spring in my step. I was high-fiving kids as I passed them in the hall.
I hopped in my car, swung through "Happy Hour" at Sonic, and headed home. I slid one of my homemade CDs into the stereo and cranked the volume until the windows rattled. During my 25 minute commute I totally rocked out! I entertained myself by singing:
Everybody Needs Somebody to Love by Wilson Pickett
Free Fallin by Tom Petty
Beth by KISS
Cowboy by Kid Rock
Its A Long Way To The Top by AC/DC
Here Without You by 3 Doors Down
Yeah, I know...eclectic to say the least! Before I knew it I was pulling up to my parent's house, picking up the kids, and heading home. There are worse ways to spend a Wednesday afternoon commute!
|
For some reason music was in my soul all day. I walked around school humming to myself. I sung quietly to myself walking around on lunch today. I had a little spring in my step. I was high-fiving kids as I passed them in the hall.
I hopped in my car, swung through "Happy Hour" at Sonic, and headed home. I slid one of my homemade CDs into the stereo and cranked the volume until the windows rattled. During my 25 minute commute I totally rocked out! I entertained myself by singing:
Everybody Needs Somebody to Love by Wilson Pickett
Free Fallin by Tom Petty
Beth by KISS
Cowboy by Kid Rock
Its A Long Way To The Top by AC/DC
Here Without You by 3 Doors Down
Yeah, I know...eclectic to say the least! Before I knew it I was pulling up to my parent's house, picking up the kids, and heading home. There are worse ways to spend a Wednesday afternoon commute!
|