<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 14, 2004

Saying Goodbye 

I am preparing to resign from my job today. I put this off all last week. Maybe I was hoping for a miracle..a change of heart. I also just didn't really want to do it. I have a ton of projects started here. I wrote a grant for a new technology class next year that I was to teach. I chair our effective schools improvement committee and have spearheaded the effort to reform this school system. I purchased a lot of new technology and was preparing to develop the school web page for next year. I have close relationships with a large number of kids.

I alerted my principal a week ago that this could be a possibility, so it won't come as a shock there. But no one else here has a clue. All last week colleagues and students were talking to me about "next year". But I, of course, knew that next year I would be far far away.

I don't want to go, but I can't stay. Don't you hate dilemnas like that? I'm quitting a job I love and heading toward an uncertain future. I've been mailing, faxing, and emailing resumes to various schools in Oklahoma. I am hopeful that one of those jobs will work out. I've never had a problem getting a job before and I hope my luck still holds. I fly to Oklahoma at the end of June and will spend a week doing job-hunting "on the ground". Its difficult to search for a job from 2500 miles away.

I also really hate goodbyes...especially those "forever" goodbyes. There are a lot of people here who have meant something to me. It is highly doubtful that I will ever see any of those people again. But this is part of life, is it not? You touch other people's lives, they touch yours, and you move along.

As the man said, "parting is such sweet sorrow".

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?