<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 10, 2004

A Man of the People 

This is a transcript of voice message left by Congressman Pete Stark of California to one of his constituents in response to a letter received by the esteemed Congressman: (from damnum absque inuria via Dean Esmay.

Dan, this is Congressman Pete Stark, and I just got your fax and you don’t know what you’re talking about. So if you care about enlisted people you wouldn’t have voted for that thing, either. But probably somebody put you up to this, and I’m not sure who it was, but I doubt if you could spell half the words in the letter. Somebody wrote it for you so I don’t pay much attention to it, but I’ll call you back later and let you tell me more about why you think you’re such a great goddamn hero and why you think that this general and the Defense Department who forced these poor enlisted (laughter) guys to do what they should shouldn’t be held to account.....

Does this congressman believe that his constituents shouldn't be allowed to register their opinion with their elected representative? Does he think that his position entitles him to respond in such a verbally abusive way? In a perfect world he would be thrown out on his ass in the next election...but of course he won't. Not exactly what our founding fathers had in mind is it?


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?