Monday, May 17, 2004
Karaoke
I enjoy going out to a local club now and then and singing karaoke. I can't sing worth a damn but its a lot of fun. I'm less self conscious than I used to be, and it doesn't bother me to sing in a roomful of strangers. It always helps that by the time I sing 90% of the people in the room are probably way less sober than I am.
This article lists a karaoke DJs worst karaoke songs:
I must confess I've done a couple of these. I've crooned "Piano Man" a couple of times. On a dare I once sang Britney Spears "Oops I Did It Again". This was a bit of a challenge since my voice is very, very deep! I keep trying different songs but always come back to a few old standbys:
1. "Turn The Page" by Bob Seger
2. "Mustang Sally" by Wilson Pickett
3. "Long Haired Country Boy" by Charlie Daniels Band
4. "In the Still of the Night" by The Five Satins
5. "Don't Let The Sun Come Down on Me" by Elton John
6. "Pink Cadillac" by Bruce Springsteen
7. "Truly" by Lionel Richie
8. "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole
There are some songs I've sang that I totally sucked at:
1. "Play That Funky Music" by Wild Cherry
2. "Drift Away" by Dobie Gray
3. duet of "Summer Nights" from Grease
4. "My Fathers Eyes" by Eric Clapton
and others too numerous to mention!!
A friend of mine once patted my leg after I finished a particularly gruesome butchering of a popular song and said, "As long as you're having fun". (Thanks Marlane!)
Words to live by.
|
This article lists a karaoke DJs worst karaoke songs:
I must confess I've done a couple of these. I've crooned "Piano Man" a couple of times. On a dare I once sang Britney Spears "Oops I Did It Again". This was a bit of a challenge since my voice is very, very deep! I keep trying different songs but always come back to a few old standbys:
1. "Turn The Page" by Bob Seger
2. "Mustang Sally" by Wilson Pickett
3. "Long Haired Country Boy" by Charlie Daniels Band
4. "In the Still of the Night" by The Five Satins
5. "Don't Let The Sun Come Down on Me" by Elton John
6. "Pink Cadillac" by Bruce Springsteen
7. "Truly" by Lionel Richie
8. "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole
There are some songs I've sang that I totally sucked at:
1. "Play That Funky Music" by Wild Cherry
2. "Drift Away" by Dobie Gray
3. duet of "Summer Nights" from Grease
4. "My Fathers Eyes" by Eric Clapton
and others too numerous to mention!!
A friend of mine once patted my leg after I finished a particularly gruesome butchering of a popular song and said, "As long as you're having fun". (Thanks Marlane!)
Words to live by.
|