Sunday, January 25, 2004
This guy has more intestinal (and I mean intestinal!) fortitude than I do.
Spurlock, a tall New Yorker of usually cast-iron constitution, made himself the guinea pig in this dogged investigation into the effects of fast food on the body. He ate only at McDonald's for a month - three meals, every day - and took a camera crew along to record it. If a server offered to super-size his order, he was obliged to accept - and to ingest everything, gherkins and all.
I have been known to occasionally eat at McDonald's and some aspects of their food have improved over the years. Ok..I'll admit that I like their fries. But the rest of their food I can generally do without. Their burgers taste like what they are..prepackaged, preformed, precooked. Their chicken nuggets taste like highly flavored and processed cardboard.
Give this poor guy some kind of award.
|
Spurlock, a tall New Yorker of usually cast-iron constitution, made himself the guinea pig in this dogged investigation into the effects of fast food on the body. He ate only at McDonald's for a month - three meals, every day - and took a camera crew along to record it. If a server offered to super-size his order, he was obliged to accept - and to ingest everything, gherkins and all.
I have been known to occasionally eat at McDonald's and some aspects of their food have improved over the years. Ok..I'll admit that I like their fries. But the rest of their food I can generally do without. Their burgers taste like what they are..prepackaged, preformed, precooked. Their chicken nuggets taste like highly flavored and processed cardboard.
Give this poor guy some kind of award.
|