Saturday, January 17, 2004
Our dog "Wendy" is having puppies today. We "fostered" Wendy from some very nice people who were not able to have puppies in their home. We have the option of keeping Wendy or sending her back. We're keeping her and at least one of the puppies.
I sat up late last night watching her squirm uncomfortably and moan. This morning my daughter and I took her to the vet's office where she had the first puppy right on the floor! She then had another one on the way home (naturally). We think there are eight and she's had four so far. I'm 42 years old and have never seen a dog give birth. Wow.
We can now look forward to weeks of yipping cute little puppies. They are so cute and its fun to watch them grow.
Life is a truly a miracle no matter the species.
Update: pictures of the new momma and her pups can be seen here.
|
I sat up late last night watching her squirm uncomfortably and moan. This morning my daughter and I took her to the vet's office where she had the first puppy right on the floor! She then had another one on the way home (naturally). We think there are eight and she's had four so far. I'm 42 years old and have never seen a dog give birth. Wow.
We can now look forward to weeks of yipping cute little puppies. They are so cute and its fun to watch them grow.
Life is a truly a miracle no matter the species.
Update: pictures of the new momma and her pups can be seen here.
|