<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 24, 2003

We have been working on my daughter's room for several days now. She is gone for a week with her mom and we decided to redecorate her room while she was gone. It was supposed to be a surprise but big-mouthed me had to go ruin that! Still, she doesn't know what we're going to do. We've re-painted the entire room, ripped up the carpet to expose the beautiful hardwood floors, shortened the legs on her loft bed, organized her closet, put up lots of shelves, and all kinds of other goodies.

When I was a teenager my dad and grandfather made part of the attic into my bedroom. They spent weeks up there putting in insulation and paneling and customizing the room to my needs (they even included a niche for my tuba that I was supposed to be practicing!). I can still remember what it felt like to have a cool room of my own. Hopefully my daughter will feel the same way.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?