<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Michael Jackson has a warrant out for his arrest.

An arrest warrant has been issued for pop music sensation Michael Jackson on multiple counts of child molestation, Santa Barbara County authorities said today, a day after investigators searched his 2,600-acre Neverland Ranch for evidence.
Sheriff Jim Anderson said Jackson, who was making a music video in Las Vegas, has been given time - he would not say how much - to surrender to Santa Barbara County authorities. The warrant seeks bail of $3 million and asks that Jackson surrender his passport.


We know that Michael settled a similiar civil case out of court for millions of dollars. He has long had a practice of inviting young boys to stay over at his estate. The question is...why? I have always found this err..suspicious. Why would a wealthy pop star with all the trappings of success be so enamored of spending personal time with young boys. Note that I said young boys. He doesn't invite three year olds or seventeen year olds out there. From past reading it usually involves pre-pubescent males. That is suspicious.

The $12.3-million Santa Ynez Valley property often has been the site of children's parties, and it figured prominently in a television documentary broadcast on ABC in February, in which Jackson said he had slept in bed with many children, but that it was innocent.

Either Michael Jackson is a serial child molester or he is a damned fool. You do not sleep in bed with other people's children. You don't sleep in bed with your own once they are a few years old. What could he have been thinking? I love kids. I have kids of my own. I teach kids all day long. But I'd never dream of sleeping in the same bed with them in my home when there are no other adults around.

As I said, I don't know whether he is innocent or guilty. But at the very least his poor judgement has put his career and his freedom in jeopardy. Maybe the problem with being a rich superstar is that no one has the nerve to tell you....don't be an idiot!! Michael has long been a tragic figure. His estrangment from his family, his skin pigmentation, and his bizarre behavior have all made headlines. Wouldn't it be tragic if all those things were symptoms of something even deeper?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?