<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas! 

It has been a long time since I have posted for a variety of reasons. For anyone still reading I am not only alive, but doing well!  I am in the final lap of my run for a doctorate degree, and if all goes well I should be done by this time next year. What  a ride that has been!

I have had some setbacks, mostly related to nerve problems that have rendered my feet completely numb and often painful.  My doctor is unsure of the cause and the problem persists. I have learned to adapt and live with the discomfort and hope it eases in the coming year.

Longtime readers know that I truly love Christmas. I enjoy the spirit of giving and the hope the season brings. 

My two wonderful kids are now teenagers, 17 and 14, with all the joy and challenges their age brings. I adore both of them and will continue to hope for the unique potential each of them has.

Terri has been a wonderful wife and is so good to me and the kids. They are worthy of her love and I continue to strive to be so as well. 

I'm having the time of my life at work, serving as director of the 9th grade academy of 400 students that I created, and being integrally involved in the budgeting, staffing, and other aspects of running a large urban high school. I love this work, even though it is so full of challenges, is sometimes highly stressful, and consumes much of my energy. 

If Christmas is anything it is a time of hope and a time for peace and forgiveness. I hope you all find happiness and peace during this holiday season.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?