<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Midweek Meandering 

It is midweek and cold breezes are blowing. It has rained for much of the day and cold winds are whipping around. Brrr!

Terri made chicken noodle soup and chili to fit the weather. It hit the spot!

Because of new state and federal initiatives our school no longer sells regular soda in the vending machines. The kids can buy diet soda, water, or juice. Its healthier and better for them…we all know that.

The problem is that they don’t like it. Several young entrepeneurs have attempted to make a few bucks by purchasing large quantities of “real pop” and selling it for inflated prices. “Psst..hey buddy…want some sugary soda instead?”

A student came into my office and saw a “real” soda sitting on my desk. “Where did you get THAT?”, he inquired. Innocently I said, “from the machine on the third floor by the library.” “Wow..I didn’t know there was a machine up there.” Student races off. He comes by later and says, “I never did find that machine.” Of course he didn’t…there isn’t one.

Sometimes a guy has to have fun at work.

My next class starts tomorrow. Qualitative research. I just can’t wait. Uh huh!

Life is great and things are going so very well. I hope the same is true for you.

So how is YOUR week going?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?